No forex trader can afford to ignore the impact of news on foreign exchange markets. Geopolitical developments, peace or conflict situations, financial and economic data releases (like macroeconomic figures), and natural disasters all can have a significant impact on forex markets. The highly dynamic, round-the-clock forex markets require constant tracking of news developments. Here are the top U.S. sites for tracking the latest forex news.
- Bloomberg Forex News: Bloomberg, a world leader in market data and financial news services, has a dedicated section on its popular web portal for forex news. This section not only covers the forex news items, but also commentary, analysis reports, and short-term future developments for global currencies. The coverage is global and includes impact on currency markets from other markets like commodities, equities, macroeconomic developments, political development, loans, and inflation.
- Reuters Forex News (U.S. Edition): Reuters, another large player in the news and market data segment, offers rich content for forex news with timely coverage. Multiple local and global editions are available for its websites, and it offer both local and global coverage. The available news items are tagged with important tickers (like Bonds, Airlines, Financials, etc.) that offering easy categorization of news items. Below is an example of how Reuters presents forex news:
- DailyFx: DailyFx has forex news coverage at global level available under categories like Market News, Daily Briefing, US Dollar Index, and Forecasts. It also has news dedicated to major currency pairs like EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/JPY, among others.
The dedicated section for US dollar news is quite handy. One important and useful feature for forex traders is the news and analysis reports available on the DailyFX homepage. These provide recommendations for taking positions in advance of expected market developments. See below for examples.
- FxStreet: The FxStreet news section offers timely updates and commentary for global developments. Its unique and useful features include filters which traders can set to tailor a news stream for particular currency pairs, technical news, certain central banks, commodities, and the like. See how the filter works below:
FxStreet also covers important upcoming developments through its “Next Economic Event” section.
Recognizing the important of social media in shaping news events, FxStreet offers a forex Tweets section, where important news and recommendations are available for timely updates.
- FOREXNEWS.com: FOREXNEWS.COM is another site dedicated to forex news. The content and coverage is comprehensive. It offers live forex news, trade ideas, an economic calendar, and live rates. It also covers Bitcoin news. Below, see examples from the FOREXNEWS.COM site.
- FOREXLive.com: Similar to FOREXNEWS.com, FOREXLive.com offers similar news…
Go to the news source: Top U.S Forex News Sites