!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Wrap up: Here are the top stories of December 25, 2020
- Farmers protest at Delhi’s borders with Haryana at Singhu and Tikri enters 30th day
- PM Modi again reiterated that farmers are being misled over agri laws
- Centre releases Rs 18,000 crore funds to 9 crore farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme.
- BJP, TMC accuse each other of neglecting West Bengal farmers under PM-KISAN scheme
- Superstar Rajinikanth admitted to hospital in Hyderabad for BP fluctuations
- California becomes 1st US state to top 2mn Covid-19 cases
- Bengaluru to come out with new guidelines to curb New Year eve revelry
Workers allegedly belonging to the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) vandalised a warehouse of e-commerce behemoth Amazon at Marol in Mumbai’s Andheri suburb on Friday afternoon: Cops
- An LED TV, glass items, laptops, printers etc were damaged in the attack, cops said.
- An FIR has been registered against at least eight persons
- The MNS has been targeting Amazon over the absence of Marathi on its posters and also for not providing navigation instructions in Marathi on its app.
Sabarimala temple income drops from Rs 156.60 crore to Rs 9.09 crore due to COVID19 restrictions. So far 71,706 devotees performed darshan till 39 days into Sabarimala pilgrimage season: Travancore Devasom Board
Parts of Himachal Pradesh record sub-zero temperatures
- Keylong is now the coldest place in the state at minus 9.9 degrees Celsius, the meteorological dept has said.
- The mercury is likely to dip further with rain and snowfall predicted at isolated places over the state for two days starting Sunday, according to the weatherman.
- Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded a low of minus 2.8 degrees Celsius and Manali in Kullu district recorded a minimum temperature of minus 0.4 degrees Celsius
- Kufri and Dalhousie recorded a minimum temperature of 3.5 degrees Celsius and 3.7 degrees Celsius
- The mercury settled at 4.1 degrees Celsius in ShimlaUna was the warmest place in the state at 21.6 degrees Celsius
Amit Shah to arrive in poll-bound Assam tonight, he is on a three-day visit
Atal Tunnel Rohtang Tunnel will remain closed from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm tomorrow for maintenance work: Lahaul Spiti Police
Admin, police facilitating horse-trading after DDC poll results
– Omar Abdullah
MSP has always been an administrative decision and it has been working fine for the last 55 years. We will continue the arrangement, which has been in operation for last 55 years
– Prakash Javadekar
Malayalam actor Anil P Nedumangad drowns in Malankara dam
International shooter Vartika Singh has moved a court here accusing Union minister Smriti Irani and two others for demanding money to make her a member of the central women’s commission, days after she was herself named in a police complaint.
Congress expels former Assam minister and sitting MLA from Golaghat Ajanta Neog for “indulging in anti-party activities” amid speculation that she may join BJP
Opposition parties in their manifestos…
Go to the news source: Farmers protest live news: Farm union leaders allege govt trying to divert issue