!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Mazhar Mohammad of Chartviewindia.in said that the index could turn sideways only if it manages to defend the recent low of 12,833 in Thursday’s trade.
There may be a limit to which the central bank continues to keep piling forex because this results in a surge in rupee liquidity that distorts loan pricing and hence bank profitability
Search, Select & Invest in Top Stocks
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 118.63 points, or 0.39%, at the open to 29,928.23. The S&P 500 opened flat at 3,628.61, while the Nasdaq Composite gained 23.11 points, or 0.19%, to 12,059.85at the opening bell.
Earlier in the day, the Reserve Bank of India said the amalgamation of the bank with DBS Bank India will come into force from November 27 and the moratorium imposed on the crisis-ridden lender will be removed on that day.
A sample of ETFs each with more than Rs 1,000 crore worth of assets under management (AUM) outperformed the large-cap funds of similar AUM size by 2.1% over the past year.
Discover & screen trade opportunities
Nifty has to hold above 12,850- 12,900 levels now to witness a bounce towards 13,000 and 13,050 levels, while a hold below the same could see weakness towards 12,800 and 12,750 levels.
The daily momentum indicator has triggered a bearish crossover, said Gaurav Ratnaparkhi, Senior Technical Analyst at Sharekhan.
More than 275 stocks hit their upper circuits on the BSE, while 200 counters hit their lower circuit limits.
The BSE Bankex index fell 1.66 per cent while the BSE IT index declined 1.5 per cent.
This is how the 30-pack Sensex moved in today’s session. It touched a high of 44,825.37 and a low of 43,757.97 to finally settle at 43,828.10
CLOSING BELL: Sensex tumbles from record high, settles 695 pts lower; Nifty barley holds above 12,850; ONGC bucks weak trend, rises 6%
- Banks and RIL lead the market fall
- 28 of 30 Sensex stocks end the day in the red
- Index contributors: HDFC Bank, Infosys, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank, RIL
- Top Index gainers: ONGC (6.11%), Power Grid (0.11%)
- Top Index losers: Axis Bank (3.48%), Kotak Bank (2.94%), Sun Pharma (2.58%)
- All BSE sectoral indices except oil and gas end the day in the red
- S&P BSE OIL & GAS biggest sectoral gainer, up 0.11%
- S&P BSE Telecom biggest sectoral loser, down 2.20%
- Volume toppers: RIL Bajaj Fin, ICICI Bank, SBI, IndusInd Bank
Here are the top gainers and losers in the power sector
Price as on…
Go to the news source: sensex today: Traders’ Diary: Nifty will witness a bounce if it holds 12,850-12,…