!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Nagaraj Shetti, Technical Research Analyst at HDFC Securities, said Nifty50 saw sharp gains on a weekly basis after a sluggish market movement in the past couple of weeks.
Nifty has to hold above 13,100 level to witness a bounce towards 13,400 level, while on the downside, major support exists at 13,000 level.
Search, Select & Invest in Top Stocks
Madhusudan Kela says the market is on a trajectory where it can attract more money.
Talks of stimulus measures in the US also added to the momentum on Dalal Street
Markets This Week
- All sector indices post weekly gain
- Nifty, Nifty Bank gain 5th week in a row
- Nifty Small and Midcap gain for 5th week in a row
- Nifty PSU Bank posts best week since June 7
- Nifty Realty posts best week since Oct 25
- Nifty Metal, Auto posts best week since June 7
Discover & screen trade opportunities
India VIX snaps 2-week winning streak; Nifty and Nifty Bank gain for 5th week in a row
Nifty Auto, Metal post best week since June 7
This is how the 30-pack Sensex moved in today’s session. It touched an all-time high of 45,148.28 and a low of 44,665.91 to finally settle at 45,079.55
CLOSING BELL: Sensex hits 45K for first time, ends 494 pts higher; Nifty at 13,259; ICICI Bank, UltraTech Cement advance 4% each
- Financials and HUL lead the market rally
- 25 of 30 Sensex stocks end the day in the green
- Index contributors: ICICI Bank, HUL, HDFC Bank, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank
- Top Index gainers: ICICI Bank (4.38%), UltraTech Cement (4.10%), Sun Pharma (3.64%)
- Top Index losers: RIL (0.75%), Bajaj Finserv (0.74%), HCL Tech (0.37%)
- All BSE sectoral indices except energy end the day in the green
- S&P BSE BANKEX biggest sectoral gainer, up 2.14%
- S&P BSE Energy biggest sectoral loser, down 0.60%
- Volume toppers: HDFC, IndusInd Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank, Bajaj Finance
Sensex surges over 400 points. Here are the top index gainers
Price as on 04 Dec, 2020 03:08 PM, Click on company names for their live prices.
Forex Center: This is how the major currencies are faring against each other
The last time India posted such an extreme reading was in July 2014, which was followed by a correction in September that lasted longer than a month.
S&P BSE Telecom biggest sectoral gainer, up 1.7%. This is how the index stocks are faring
Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded the corporate family rating of Vedanta Resources Limited to B2 from B1 citing persistent weak liquidity and high refinancing needs.
RBI believes rural demand, which is already a silver lining in times of crisis, is expected to strengthen further, while urban demand is also gaining momentum.
Go to the news source: sensex today: Traders’ Diary: Major support for Nifty exists at 13,000 level